My blog has moved, come check out the new site!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://drapes2my20s.com
and PLEASE update your bookmarks.

Photobucket
I have NO GOGGLE Reader so it is very hard for me to catch up with my favorite blogs; Hopefully Blogger will fix this!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sexist Language

Do you use sexist language?  
We all use sexist language and we probably do not even realize it.  
Years ago people carried different titles than they do today.  


In Years Previous                                                              Currently


Mailman                                                                               Mail Carrier
       

Policeman                                                                             Police Officer


Stewardess                                                                            Flight Attendant


Weather Man                                                                        Meteorologist


Fireman                                                                                 Firefighter


Salesman                                                                               Sales Associate


Waitress/Waiter                                                                     Server


Isn't it crazy how thing change over time!  
Even things like the titles people carry from day to day!
Sorry it's all wonky... Blogger hates me and I'm hating it too today!
I won't be by your blogs until someone decides I can read them in my google reader!
post signature
blog comments powered by Disqus
Credits: Ellie, istockphoto.com