My blog has moved, come check out the new site!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://drapes2my20s.com
and PLEASE update your bookmarks.

Photobucket
I have NO GOGGLE Reader so it is very hard for me to catch up with my favorite blogs; Hopefully Blogger will fix this!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Welcome to Savannah!

Welcome to our first Around Your Town Tuesday Blog Hop.
Courtney @ One Mom's Perfect Imperfection and I have been so excited about the launch of this new blog hop, and we hope you enjoy it too!

To participate, Grab the Blog Hop button Below and post it in your blog post.






Blog Hop Information.
Today is Town Introductions, so here it goes.....

Listen to Your Savannah Welcome!



     Savannah, GA was established in 1733,  That's the year General James Oglethorpe and the 120 passengers of the good ship "Anne" landed on the bluff high along the Savannah River in February.  Oglethorpe named the 13th and the final American colony "Georgia" after England's King George II.  Savannah became its first city.  Savannah is located in the heart of Coastal Georgia's Lowcountry.

Fountain at Forsyth Park


     Savannah is enriched with genuine southern hospitality, and history that resonates into the present.  The Historic Savannah is filled with art, culture, live theater, and historic landmarks.  It is one of the oldest cities in America, and the sight of many revolutionary and civil war battles.  These many attributes are what make people fall in love with the very diverse culture of the city of Savannah.  Today, Savannah attracts nearly 7 million visitors every year, which sparks 7 million cases of love at first sight.

Fun Facts about Savannah:
 - Over 20 films have been filmed in Savannah
           examples: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Forest Gump, and Drum Roll Please...
The Last Song with Miley Cyrus

- Founder of Girl Scouts, Juliette Gordon Low was born in Savannah.
- Home of Paula Deen
- Savannah has the 2nd largest celebration for St. Patrick's Day! (Post Here) 
- Savannah was named as one of the "Most Haunted City's."
- Savannah has the largest National Historic Landmark District in the United States.


For more information on Savannah, GA.
Click Here

Can't wait to see where you live!


Don't forget to Link Up and Come Back Ya'll!

                                                                  post signature

9 comments:

Courtney said...

My only trip to Savannah (so far) was a Girl Scout trip we took to Juliette Gordon Low's birthplace. I definitely fell in love with Savannah and hope to make it back there someday. LOVE all the history surrounding it!

Bec said...

I've never been to Savannah...so I'm looking forward to "visiting" through your blog!

Anonymous said...

How AWESOME is THIS? Why do all the cool things happen on Tuesdays? AGH!

Brandi said...

I love your fun facts, Savannah is always somewhere I've wanted to visit.

harmonysong said...

I went to Savannah in May (don't know the year) when my cousin graduated from SCAD. Danny Glover was the guest speaker! Loved all the streets with the trees. So cute!

So I can thank Savannah for Thin Mints??

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! Oh BTW...I was able to post FINALLY! It's not much but plan to add to it later this week if I can or make up for it next week another day just bc it's not what all I wanted (meaning pics to be added). Thanks Love ya sis!

Anonymous said...

We absolutely love Savannah! My sister-in-law got married there in '07. Her bridal party was at Paula Deen's restaurant.

Thanks for sharing!

~Debra at http://ourimperfectlife.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

I read "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" this past Christmas and was wishing I could make a trip to Savannah afterward! My husband (who also read the book) has a conference there in May and I am jealous he'll get to see it in person.

Niki said...

I've always wanted to visit Savannah.
Stopped by from SITS!
Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Credits: Ellie, istockphoto.com