My blog has moved, come check out the new site!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://drapes2my20s.com
and PLEASE update your bookmarks.

Photobucket
I have NO GOGGLE Reader so it is very hard for me to catch up with my favorite blogs; Hopefully Blogger will fix this!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

One Year Ago...

One Year Ago Today, God called home a very dear friend, teacher, youth leader, father, husband, and grandfather. Thurm will be remembered for a lifetime. He made such an impact on everyone he came in contact with. I will never forget some of the lessons that he taught our youth group, and the trips he would take us on. He was truly the life of the party. Every Sunday morning, He greeted me at the door and called me Jessy. He was about the only person that I would even allow call me that. He expressed to me once that he was so proud of my leadership in the children's department. That made me feel proud inside coming from such a wonderful Godly man. I am so thankful for the time that God shared him with us. He lived everyday for God. Heaven gained a great man, and someday he will call me "Jessy" again.

These pictures make me smile.

Had a passion for riding motorscycles... Rode with my parents

On a youth trip letting us be kids.

You are LOVED and MISSED GREATLY.

Tribute also to Thurm... HERE on Malory's Blog

post signature

1 comments:

Devette said...

Jess you said it so well, that is why it is important to stay ready at all times, Just like Thurman did. Then we can see him on the other side. What a day that will be!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Credits: Ellie, istockphoto.com