My blog has moved, come check out the new site!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://drapes2my20s.com
and PLEASE update your bookmarks.

Photobucket
I have NO GOGGLE Reader so it is very hard for me to catch up with my favorite blogs; Hopefully Blogger will fix this!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 2: Nashville




On Tuesday, we rode out to Franklin, TN, which is only a few miles south of Nashville. The scenery was beautiful in every way imaginable. We also shopped along 3rd Avenue; their shops reminded me a lot of downtown Savannah, although Savannah has 20 times more shops. I even bought some metal ants from The Iron Gate, which was a cute little shop.

After spending the morning in Downtown Franklin, we then went out to the Cool Springs area to go to the Cool Springs Galleria Mall. If any of you know me well.. I’m pretty sure you know that I got in trouble some at my favorite store.. Ann Taylor Loft. Surprisingly, I even worked at the one in Savannah for a short time last year. (That was Dangerous) I bought a Khaki Jacket for the winter, and 2 pairs of shorts for summer time for only 9.88 each. I felt like I had gotten a great deal on the shorts that day. After a little shopping, we drove out to Hendersonville to Old Hickory Lake and the Cumberland River. We decided to explore the area due to my parents wanting someday to live on a lake, which is something that I would also LOVE one day.

After driving around for awhile, we were getting really hungry and had planned on eating at Cock of the Walk. This restaurant was recommended by many from the BLOGFROG community, but I didn’t realize that the main thing that they serve is fried foods such as catfish, hushpuppies, and fries. Yes, I love these things, but in Mississippi living really close to the Gulf of Mexico, we can get the fried catfish anytime we want. I guess what I’m trying to say is if you can’t get these foods on a regular basis than go try it, but otherwise it wasn’t anything spectacular.

Tuesday was another very busy day, and we were exhausted and ready to go relax the night away.
Hope you are having a great week!


post signature

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Your blog is too cute... I LOVE the plaid!

Did you get to eat anywhere else that was awesome??

Hope your having a fun trip!

God bless-
Amanda

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Credits: Ellie, istockphoto.com