My blog has moved, come check out the new site!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://drapes2my20s.com
and PLEASE update your bookmarks.

Photobucket
I have NO GOGGLE Reader so it is very hard for me to catch up with my favorite blogs; Hopefully Blogger will fix this!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Is the grass greener on the other side?


Before reading “Swapping Lives” by Jane Green, I pondered the question that was left in the summary on the back of the book. Is the grass greener on the other side?

Now I have you pondering…..

Jane Green is a amazing author and not until recently was I familiar with her books. Although the books do have some language in them, overall her books make me think about everyday life situations.



Summary

What if a successful, single Londoner and a comfortable, Connecticut mother were to walk in each other’s shoes for a month? Vicky Townsley is the director of Poise!magazine and lives a glamorous London life. She has everything she wants-except marriage, children, and a house in the country. Amber Winslow has a stone mansion in Connecticut, two kids, and a nanny, but she hasnt found the fulfillment she had expected from being a wife and a mother. When she spots an intriguing contest inPoise!, Amber never expects to be chosen.

A must read for every modern woman who’s ever considered the road not taken,Swapping Lives is a warn and a realistic chronicle of two women who do more than wonder if the grass is greener on the other side of the Atlantic.

This book truly made me thing about my own life. A quote that I say often is “Everything Happens for a Reason” ,and in this book it was repeated often. Through the characters you see that everything in their life had a reasoning for happening. After realizing this, I relayed the quote "Everything Happens for a Reason" to my own life, and realized that even though I have said it before didn’t necessarily mean that I lived by the quote. I thought to myself that this was something about my life that I would change, because I know that God is in control of my life. He puts us through trials to make us better people; This made me want to learn from the trials that I faced or will face in the future.

Something else I thought about after reading this book was that in life we always ponder what if I was in this situation or I had this or that, or whatever it may be that you are after in life. That even though the grass may look a little bit greener doesn’t necessarily mean that it is, and although I don’t have the yard I dream of, and the flowers aren’t fully blossomed, my grass isn’t so bad. In the end, who knows my grass might not turn out so bad after all, and that I should be grateful for the here and now. I need to appreciate my life, my family, my dog, my apartment, my relationships with friends, and perhaps appreciate exactly where I am RIGHT NOW!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Credits: Ellie, istockphoto.com