My blog has moved, come check out the new site!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://drapes2my20s.com
and PLEASE update your bookmarks.

Photobucket
I have NO GOGGLE Reader so it is very hard for me to catch up with my favorite blogs; Hopefully Blogger will fix this!

Friday, April 16, 2010

First Feature Friday

Quick Reminder: "Around Your Town Tuesday" is this Tuesday the 20th.  The topic this week is Parks.  I have sent out an email reminder to all that I could find emails for.  If you would like a reminder every other week, please email me or leave a comment with your email address.  Thanks so much! 

Now on with the show....

Welcome to Feature Friday!
Thanks for joining me on the 1st Feature Friday!  

What is Feature Friday all about?

Feature Friday is a way to expose you to new blogs.  I hope that you will stop by and give them a visit.  The blogs chosen could be chosen for a variety of reasons.  Some of them inspire, motivate, and encourage me while others give me a good laugh.  

The blog I am introducing you too today does all of the above.  





Filled with Praise is a constant reminder for me at the wonderful things God does, and that when we live in HIS will amazing things occur.  This blog has uplifted me many times, and Amy always has something uplifting and encouraging to say.  I have truly enjoyed watching her ministry grow.  One of my favorite series of post are the letters Amy writes to Elijah.  Her first post can be found here.. "Dear Elijah..."

I asked Amy to write a little glimpse into her blog so here it is...


I am so appreciative of Jes for spotlighting my blog this week.  I truly enjoy reading her blog and following her on her adventures in Savannah.  She has asked that I share with you a little information about my blog, so here it goes…

I started my blog, Filled With Praise, last June as a way of praising God in all situations and showcasing the good in others.  However, not long after starting my blog, God placed an undeniable call on my husband and I to adopt from Ethiopia.  At the time, it did not make sense because we had just welcomed our third child only seven months prior to the calling.  We prayed and sought His will over the adoption He had placed heavily on our hearts.  Then we took the dive.  It was a dive of complete faith and following of His will in our lives. 

Since taking that leap of faith we have been blessed beyond belief through this journey in ways that we never imagined. We are currently number seven on the waiting list to see our little son’s face and although there have been challenges and trying times, we have tried to sing His praise the entire time.  Because faith is not just about praising Him during the easy times, it is about praising Him and following Him at all times.  So, my blog that started as a devotional style blog has become a fun mix of silly quotes from my five year old son, family moments, devotions, inspirational stories of others, giveaways, crafts and our views from this beautiful journey of adoption. 

I hope you will take a moment and stop by my blog and introduce yourself.  I would love to “meet” you and check out your blogs as well.  Wishing each of you a day filled with praise.

Blessings,
Amy

I hope that you will take the time to stop by Filled with Praise.  It is truly a wonderful blog.

post signature
blog comments powered by Disqus
Credits: Ellie, istockphoto.com